Monday, July 18, 2011

Tir-fa-Thonn!

photo by ana traina, 2011

Nevertheless, I can tell you this, as the Nameless Nixie’s glitter sparkled around my hair, I saw a beautiful forest situated under the sea, which reminded me of an old Gaelic tale I once read, about an enchanted land sunk at some remote time, and is still to this day under a spell.
photo by ana traina, 2011

I believe it is called, Tir-fa-Thonn, the land beneath the waves.  I have heard tell that this lush land, with its green-sided valleys between woods of fair scented pines and plains that giggles with gillyflowers and buttercups of every hue, appears only once every seven years... “Lucky me!” As I gaped around at the marvelous underwater landscape, I became acutely aware that there was a distinct tingling sensation going on in my toes. I gulped, and not-so-calmly looked down at my new... found.. tail!-- "Holy something on a POPO!" Then, somewhere between the panic and the hysteria, it dawned on me, “Yes, this must be Tir-fa-Thonn! I am in Tir-fa-Thonn and I have grown a tail?” Yet, before I could say, "put my feet back where they were!" The Nameless Nix had invited me to tea with him at the local watering hole! Now, despite his great charm, I was particularly wary of his intentions, yet, I followed him deeper into the foam. And oddly enough I was not thinking how very strange this all was, but I found myself wondering if the tea would be something civil tasting like... Earl Grey, and not assorted seaweed!